Monday 29 August 2011

Toronto's Libraries Under Attack

Suggest a solution ... or butt out: Levy http://bit.ly/oumSnF 

Bull Shit, you need to speak out against bad ideas even if you do not have a better one. 
 Margaret Atwood is speaking out for the libraries. Bashing the library system is easy to do. Some one needs to help champion the libraries, Atwood has stepped up to the plate.


Cutting 10% across the board is easy to say. But not all services are equal. Not all services are seen to be equal. 

Has Ford called for the closing of hockey rinks? I used the library system far more that I used the hockey rinks. But if Ford called for the closing of hockey rinks he would be run out of town. 



Maybe we can cut high school football? I used the library system far more than even thought about my schools football team. 


When I needed information for a school assignment, I generally went to the Public Library as the selection was far greater. They had more than one librarian so if you needed help you could get it. I received help in finding information and organizing it at the Public library.

I an not for closing hockey rinks, cutting football. For those who play and their families these are important things.
 


Libraries help at many levels. As a child, it help get me hooked on reading. As I got older they helped me at school. As an adult, I did not make much use of the library until I was unemployed. It was a great place to go and check the paper for job postings, research in to a company. Getting some books to read. Meet other adults and talk. 




Here are a couple of easy ones:
No Free Food or Drinks to the Press, Mayor and Councillors at City Hall?
20% Pay cut for Mayor and 10% for Councillors

No comments:

Post a Comment