Monday 12 September 2011

Volunteering

Volunteering for the Right Reasons Might Help You Live Longer http://lifehac.kr/q65W79 Life Hacker

I have enjoyed volunteering over the years. Currently serving as Vice-President for the Clearwater Beach Ratepayers Association. One day a year it is a fast paced running around trying to solve/prevent problems but smiles on the faces of the members of the association make it worth while.

The rest of the year, it is meeting and working with other toward a common goal.


Living in Montreal, does mean that getting back to the Beach for meetings is a bit of a pain, but it means I get to see a lot of old friends and new friends too. Working with the association helps me keep connection to our cottage where I have been going since I was born. Keeping in contact with those I have known since I was born or they were born. 
All in all the members of the Clearwater Beach Ratepayers Association are a great group of people that I enjoy being around.
Part of my involvement is paying it back to the Association, for the many Fun Day’s when I was young on the beach.
Volunteer it is a great way to get in touch with your community. An it might be good for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment